By default the administration interface will manage the locally installed FTP server. However, the key benefit of a separate administration interface is that you can fully control the FTP server from any location. From a remote location you have access to all the same administration features. To setup a remote computer for access to the FTP server, you must ensure you install at least the client side half of Ability FTP Server. Additionally, if you have enabled security restrictions for the 'Admin' settings, you must ensure the new remote computer's IP address will be allowed to connect.
- Connect to Local Server - This option will set the administration client interface to connect to any locally running service.
- Connect to remote server - This option will set the administration client interface to connect to a remote service.
- Name - This will identify the server settings in the Servers list.
- Host - This can be any host, domain or IP address.
- Port - This should match the port value in the Admin options of the remote service. The default port is 7200.
- User - This should match the user set in the Admin options of the remote service. The default user is 'admin'.
- Password - This should match the password set in the Admin options of the remote service.