Admin Interface and Status
The main dialog offers an informative and easy to use facility which allows you to view the current status of the mail server as well as giving quick access to all areas of the mail server.
Current Status #
There are several sets of information on display, each one highlighting a different area of the mail server. The top display shows the general state of the mail server including elapsed time since the mail server was loaded, total number of connections and total data transferred in and out. The remaining displays show information about each service. Listening style services display the open ports, number of connections and data transfers. Other services display the number of connections, data transfers and the size of the queue.
There are several buttons and menus located on the main dialog, the actions of which are described below:
- File - Provides access to initialise, de-initialise, settings and exiting the application. Also, if you have enabled the 'Run as an NT Service' option in General settings, you will be able to click on the 'Switch to NT Service / Application' option. This allows you to switch between NT Service mode and application mode without needing to reboot. Please note that this action will involve de-initialising and re-initialising the mail server.
- View - Permits hiding of the admin interface to the system tray and also viewing the logs folder.
- Help - Contains links to the help manual, license purchasing website, version information and also the update facility.
- Initialise - This kicks the mail server into life, loading each subsystem and opening any ports.
- De-initialise - This closes all connections and unloads all the subsystems.
- Settings - This opens the explorer style settings control dialog which gives full access to all available settings, accounts and wizards.
- Hide - Hides the admin interface in the system tray. Double click on the Ability Mail Server icon to restore.